We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. Collection of Personal Information: We only collect the personal information you provide voluntarily, such as when you use our contact form or make an enquiry over the phone. This may include the following information: your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address, preferred transmission (gearbox), DOB, and driving licence number. We collect this information to ensure we can provide the service in your preferred area and for instructors to be in touch to arrange lessons.
2. Security: We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the information you have provided to us to prevent unauthorized access in accordance with legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide it.
3. Consent: When you provide us with any data, we will always make clear why we need it and obtain your consent to use it. If you provide consent on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you have their authorization to do so. We reserve the right to request confirmation to ensure and verify that you have that authorization.
4. Cookies: We use “cookies” as part of our standard business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser, which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this from happening. Our marketing partners, such as Google, enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interactions with us. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. This information is not stored or sold to any parties and is not used to identify you personally. It is solely used to better present information to our users.
5. External Links: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Data Retention: We retain your information for a period of 6 years. If you wish for your data to be removed or withdraw your consent before this time, please email us.
7. Payment Security: When you make payment for a service online or over the phone, your personal details and credit or debit card information are private and secure. We are committed to providing this security for you. We use a card authorization processor to ensure that all the details given are safe and secure. We do not keep or hold any credit or debit card details and can provide the privacy policies of our payment providers upon request.
7. Data Subject Rights: You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please email us.
8. Data Accuracy: If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
9. Data Misuse: In the unlikely event that you believe your information has been misused, please contact us immediately by emailing us with the reasons you believe so. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise. We will, in accordance with reporting procedures, inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as required.
10. Policy Updates: We will keep you up to date and informed of any changes made to this policy. If you have any questions about privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 01/06/2023